There are several religious charities currently co-ordinating efforts to raise funds for relief efforts in Haiti following the 7.0 magnitude earthquake that struck yesterday:
- Christian Aid
- Compassion International
- Catholic Relief Services
- International Orthodox Christian Charities
- American Friends Service Committee
The Muslim charity Muslim Hands is also involved in relief efforts in Haiti.
In addition, several global Jewish organizations are also taking donations to aid relief efforts. They include:
- American Jewish Committee in partnership with IsrAID
- American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee (JDC) in partnership with The Jewish Federations of North America
- American Jewish World Service
- B’nai B’rith International
- MAZON: A Jewish Response to Hunger
- The United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism
- Union for Reform Judaism
Various pagan groups, organisations and sympathetic companies are also contributing to relief efforts:
- Black Phoenic Alchemy Lab have agreed to donate all proceeds from January sales of their Orisha blends ((Elegba, Obatala, Ochosi, Ogun, Olokun, Osun, Oya, Shango, and Yemaya) (in the Excolo category) to the Red Cross fund. This is in addition to the proceeds from January sales of Port-Au-Prince (in the Wanderlust category).
- The Roots Without End Society’s charitable arm, Vodou Aid, is accepting funds for earthquake relief.
- The Unitarian Universalist Service Committee and the Unitarian Universalist Association have launched a joint earthquake relief fund to help the survivors.
- Avalon Cares is the disaster-relief arm of Officers of Avalon — an organization of Pagan first responders.
UNICEF is also accepting donations to aid relief efforts in Haiti; if you have a Lightspeed account, you can donate accrued points from participating in consumer surveys to UNICEF; 600 points equal a £5 donation, 1200 points equal a £10 donation – and every little helps.